Classic Vanilla or Chocolate Pound Cake
Classic Pound Cake
Makes 1 Loaf Cake
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins to 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
- Place butter in a large bowl, and add cake mix and eggs. Using electric beaters, beat until the mixture is smooth, about 2 mins.
- Evenly spread batter in prepared loaf pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. For vanilla: about 1 hour and 15 mins for an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. pan, or 55 to 60 mins for a 9 x 5-in. pan. For chocolate: about 1 hour 20 mins for an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. pan, or 60 to 65 mins for a 9 x 5-in. pan.
- Transfer loaf pan to a wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before using the parchment overhangs to remove the cake to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Only have 3 eggs? Add 1/2 cup milk to replace the fourth egg - the cake won't rise as much but it will be super tender and moist.
- No butter? Use 1 cup oil instead.