Use our Vanilla Pound Cake Mix (or even our Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix!) to make a delicious and elegant pound cake. All you need to add are a few pantry staples!
Vanilla & Chocolate Marbled Pound Cake
Makes 1 Loaf Cake
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 to 1 hr 20 mins
13 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp
1 pkg Poppikit Vanilla Pound Cake Mix
4 large eggs
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
5 Tbsp (35g) natural cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
- Place 13 Tbsp room temperature butter in a large bowl and add the cake mix and eggs. Using electric beaters, beat until the mixture is smooth, about 2 mins.
- In a medium bowl, melt the remaining 3 Tbsp butter. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the vanilla cake mixture to the chocolate mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Transfer half of the remaining vanilla batter to the prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Top with all of the chocolate batter, and spread until smooth.
- Evenly spread the remaining vanilla batter on top. Use a blunt knife to swirl a knife in a figure-8 pattern. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 mins for an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch pan, and 55 to 60 mins for a 9 x 5-inch pan.
- Transfer loaf pan to a wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before using the parchment overhangs to remove the cake to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Only have 3 eggs? Substitute 1/2 cup milk for the fourth egg - the cake won't rise as much but it will be super tender and moist.
- No butter? Use 3/4 cup oil instead.
Cant wait to try this! I love that you give alternatives if the ingredients come up short!