Host a Virtual Birthday Party - Cake Decorating Party
Let's make social distancing birthday parties FUN! Throw a virtual birthday party for your kid, using a Poppikit cake kit for a "Nailed It!"/cake decorating theme! Read on for tips on how to set it up.
Bake the cakes
Make the frosting
Decorate the cakes together!
1. First, pick the cake kit you want to make at the party. What baking skill does your kid want to explore? Each kit comes with ingredients and tools to bake 4 mini cakes, and frosting.
|Fondant||Fun with Fondant! cake kit||3 different fondant colors|
|Buttercream||Buttercream Skillz cake kit||3 different food colors for buttercream|
|Fondant + Buttercream||The Original cake kit||3 fondant colors + 3 buttercream colors|
2. Figure out how many kits you need. Since there are four cakes per kit, one kit per family usually works, as long as they're good at sharing!
3. Send out invitations with your Zoom url. Include a link to step-by-step instructions to bake the cakes before the party - http://www.poppikit.com/birthday-party
4. Prepare for the party: bake the cakes and make the frosting before the party. Remind your guests to finish baking before the get-together. The cakes need time to cool before decorating.
5. Have your birthday party on Zoom to frost and decorate your cakes! We can join you for a live demonstration - email us for details! Frost your cakes together, and brainstorm fondant decorations. Roll and cut out fondant, share your creations, and enjoy!
*** If you're hosting a virtual baking party and would like us to create a custom landing page for your guests, with baking instructions and details for your party (at no cost!), please email us. ***