Virtual Birthday Party!
Welcome to our cake decorating birthday party! Here you'll find instructions for baking cakes and making frosting ahead of time, so we can decorate our cakes together during the party.
1) First, take 2 sticks unsalted butter and 1/4 cup cream out of the fridge to come to room temperature by the time you need it later.
2) Mix and bake the cakes. Gather the instructions, cake mix, and cake pans. Then get:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup neutral oil, like canola or safflower
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative like soy or almond)
3) While cakes bake, make the frosting. Get the frosting mix, plus your softened butter and cream. (If they're not softened yet, zap them in the microwave in 5 second bursts.)
4) Color the frosting with natural food coloring.
Store frosting covered at room temperature.
5) Lastly, if you like, sketch up some mini cake designs. There are ideas on our Instagram page, and in the Inspiration Gallery here. And together during the party, we'll frost and decorate our cakes with fondant!