Wondering what to get your dad for Father's Day? The best gift is from the heart, and everyone knows the way to someone's heart is through their stomach!
Show your dad you love him by baking him some mini cakes, decorated with his favorite sport or team colors.
Here's how to make and decorate a homemade cake in the shape of a baseball.
1. Start with a baked and frosted cake, made with our Mini Cake Kit.
2. Make the grass: roll green fondant into a long oval. Trim one long edge straight. Use the triangle cutter to cut 'blades' of grass on the opposite side.
3. Make the baseball: roll red fondant into a long, skinny log. Trim into 2 equal 6" pieces. Place on top and sides of cake, curving inwards in the center on top. Trim any excess from the bottom of the cake.
4. Roll red fondant into a second long, skinny log. Trim into 1" pieces, then place on top of red stitching, pressing edges down.
5. Attach grass to the front of the cake, covering the bottoms of the stitches.