4th of July Mini Cake Decoration Ideas
Looking 4th of July dessert ideas? Try this July 4th cake, made using our Mini Cake Kit (plus a little white fondant thrown in).
2. Make the blue polka dot bunting: use a fondant rolling pin to roll out blue fondant in a long, even layer. Roll tiny balls of white fondant and place them on top of the blue fondant.
3. Use a fondant rolling pin to roll the white dots flat into the blue fondant strip. Use a mini triangle cutter to cut out shapes.
4. Make the red striped bunting: use a fondant rolling pin to roll out red fondant in a long, even layer. Use your fingers to roll white fondant into a long, skinny rope. Repeat, making as many white stripes as desired.
5. Use a paint brush or finger to lightly brush water underneath each white rope. Press gently to adhere. Carefully use the fondant rolling pin to roll the white logs flat into the red fondant.
6. Use the triangle cutter to cut out shapes. Stick both the blue polka dotted and red striped triangles along the top and bottom edges of the cake, alternating patterns.