As a mom, I'm always looking for a new way to get my kid to eat fruit and vegetables. It's not that she doesn't like them, but the more the better, right?
Enter Chocolate Zucchini Bread, the delicious way to sneak vegetables into my kid's diet! The best part is it's made with our Chocolate Cake Mix, so the hardest thing about it is grating the zucchini. (And waiting for it to finish baking; I swear the smell is half the joy in baking this cake.)
Easy, vegetable-y, and still thoroughly delicious, here's the Poppikit version of a classic Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
Makes 1 loaf cake
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 to 70 mins
3/4 cup/ 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
1 pkg Poppikit Chocolate Cake Mix
1 1/2 cups loosely packed shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and eggs.
3. Fold in cake mix until almost no dry streaks remain, then fold in zucchini.
4. Scrape into loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake until springy to the touch, and edges start to pull away from the pan, 60 to 70 mins.
5. Cool to room temperature, in loaf pan, on a wire rack. Run a table knife or offset spatula along the edges to separate cake from pan, then tip out onto wire rack. To serve, cut into thick slices, and enjoy!- Zucchinis are soft, so using a box grater is quick and easy work. Keep the starred end of the zucchini intact, slice away the bottom bit, and use the top as a handle while you grate the remaining zucchini.
- Although it's best the day it's made, when the top and edges are still crunchy, the chocolate zucchini bread will keep well-wrapped on the counter for a few days, and in the fridge for up to a week.