Aaniyah's Virtual Birthday Party!
Welcome to Aaniyah's cake decorating birthday party!
Date: Saturday, August 15th
Click here for Zoom link
Here you'll find instructions for baking cakes and making frosting ahead of time, so we can decorate our cakes together during the party.
1) First, take 3 sticks unsalted butter and 1/4 cup cream out of the fridge to come to room temperature by the time you need it later.
2) Mix and bake the cakes. Gather the instructions, cake mix, and cake pans. Then get:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup neutral oil, like canola or safflower
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative like soy or almond)
Follow the instructions on the sheet to bake your cakes, then cool and keep tightly covered.
3) While cakes bake, make the frosting. Get the frosting mix, plus your softened butter and cream. If they're not softened yet, zap them in the microwave in 5 second bursts. Follow the instructions, and the video below, to make the frosting.
(The video says 8-Inch Cakes - don't worry, that's correct! We're making an extra-large batch of frosting to decorate with.)
4) Color the frosting with natural food coloring.
Store frosting covered at room temperature.
5) Lastly, if you like, sketch up some cake designs. There are ideas on our Instagram page, in the Inspiration Gallery here, and on Pinterest. And together during the party, we'll frost and decorate our cakes!
For the party, you'll need:
- Baked Cakes
- Tools from the kit (piping tip, bags, offset spatula, and cake board)
- 2 sheets of parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil
- 1 sheet plastic wrap