Golf-Themed Mini Cake
Father's Day is coming up. Don't resort to gift guides or another tie; bake your food-loving father a sweet treat that incorporates his favorite hobby - golf!
1. Start with a light-blue frosted mini cake, made using the Mini Cake Kit. You'll also need a toothpick.
2. For the green: roll green fondant into an oval, then push it into angles (so it's not straight up and down). Roll into an even layer and place on top of cake.
3. For the flag: roll red fondant in a thick layer, and use the triangle cutter to cut a flag. Stick a toothpick into the bottom of the larger side, then stick into the cake.
4. For the hole: roll a small pinch of blue fondant into a ball, then flatten with your finger. Place next to the flag on the cake.
5. For the golf ball: roll yellow fondant into a ball, then place on top of cake.
6. For the golf club: roll blue fondant into a long, skinny log. Bend one end at a 90° angle, and pinch the protruding corner. Flatten the bend part slightly to create the club. Trim the top if necessary, so it fits on the cake.
7. For the tee decoration: make orange fondant by mixing together a pinch of red and a larger pinch of yellow. Roll into small logs, then roll one end of each log to a tapered point to make a cone. Flatten the side of the opposite end with a finger. Stick onto the sides of the cake.